Carmen C. Almasan received her Ph.D. in 1989 from University of South Carolina. She joined the Kent State University Physics faculty in 1995. Prior to this, she held research appointments at the University of California San Diego. Her area of research is experimental low-temperature condensed matter physics with emphasis on the study of electric transport and magnetism, and the striking effects that arise from the interplay between these two phenomena. Her research is conducted on strongly correlated electrons, such as high temperature superconductor cuprates, colossal magnetoresistance manganites, and heavy fermion materials. The interest in these remarkable new materials is two-fold: their potential for technological applications, and the possibility that new mechanisms are responsible for their novel physical properties.
1.Heat capacity of URu2-xOsx si2 at low temperatures D. L. Kunwar, S. R. Panday, Y. Deng, S. Ran, R. E. Baumbach, M. B. Maple, Carmen C. Almasan, and M. Dzero, Phys. Rev. B 105, L041106 (2022)
2. Quantum criticality in Ce1-x SmxCoIn5 D. L. Kunwar, R. B. Adhikari, N. Pouse, M. B. Maple, M. Dzero, and C. C. Almasan,Phys.
3. Structural, Magnetic, and Electrical Properties of RE Doped Sr 0.82 R 0.1 8Fe12-x AlxO19 (RE = Gd, Pr, Sm) Compound D.L. Kunwar, D. Neupane, J.N. Dahal, S.R. Mishra Advances in Materials Physics and Chemistry 9 (09), 175 (2019)
4. Short-range antiferromagnetic correlations in the superconducting state of filled skutterudite alloys R. B. Adhikari, D. L. Kunwar, I. Jeon, M. B. Maple, M. Dzero, and C. C. Almasan Phys. Rev. B 98, 064506 (2018)
5. Magnetic field dependence of the Schottky anomaly in filled skutterudites Pr1−x Eu xPt4Ge12 R. B. Adhikari, P. Shen, D. L. Kunwar, I. Jeon, M. B. Maple, M. Dzero, and C. C. Almasan Phys. Rev. B 100, 174509 (2019)
6. Evolution of non-Kramers doublets in magnetic field in PrNi2Cd20 and PrPd2Cd20 A. M. Konic, R. B. Adhikari, D. L. Kunwar, A. A. Kirmani, A. Breindel, R. Sheng, M. B. Maple, M. Dzero, and C. C. Almasan, Phys. Rev. B 104, 205139 (2021)
7. Co-Doped Rare-Earth (La, Pr) and Co-Al Substituted M-Type Strontium Hexaferrite: Structural, Magnetic, and Mossbauer Spectroscopy Study M.L. Ghimire, D. L. Kunwar, J.N. Dahal, D. Neupane, S. Yoon, S.R. Mishra Materials Sciences and Applications 11 (7), 474-493
8. Bacterial inhibition by chitosan coatings loaded with silver-decorated calcium phosphate
J.A. Jennings, DAV. Pulgarin, D.L. Kunwar, J. Babu, S. Mishra, J. Bumgardner
Thin Solid Films 596, 83-86
9. Facile hydrothermal synthesis of hollow Fe3O4 nanospheres: effect of hydrolyzing agents and electrolytes on electrocapacitive performance of advanced electrodes S.R. Mishra, H Adhikari, D.L. Kunwar, C. Ranaweera, B. Sapkota, M. Ghimire, R. Gupta,
Former Graduate Students
Department of Physics
Kent State University
Science Research Building
Office: Room 003
email: [email protected]
R.B. Adhikari, D.L. Kunwar, I. Jeon, M.B. Maple, M. Dzero and C.C. Almasan, "Short-range antiferromagnetic correlations in the superco
nducting state of filled-skutterudite alloys Pr1-xEuxPt4Ge12 " Phys. Rev. B, 98, 064506 (2018)
N.Pouse, S. Jang, B.D. White, S. Ran, R.B. Adhikari, C.C. Almasan and M. B. Maple. "Temperature versus Sm concentration phase diagram and quantum criticality in the correlated electron system Ce1-xSmxCoIn5" Phys. Rev. B 97,235149 (2018)
Y.P. Singh, R.B. Adhikari, D.J. Haney, B.D. White, M.B. Maple, M.Dzero and C.C. Almasan "Zero field Quantum critical point in Ce0.91Yb0.09CoIn5" Phys. Rev.B97, 184514(2018)
I. Jeon , S. Ran , A. J. Breindel, P.-C. Ho, R. B. Adhikari, C. C. Almasan, B. Luong and M.B. Maple." Crossover and coexistence of superconductivity and antiferromagnetism in the filled-skutterudite system" Phys.Rev B 95, 134517(2017)
Y.P Singh, R.B. Adhikari, S. Zhang, K Huang, D Yazici, I Jeon, M.B. Maple, M Dzero, C.C. Almasan , B. Luong and M. B. Maple, “Multiband Superconductivity in the Correlated electron filled Skutterudite system Pr1-xCexPt4Ge12”,Phys.Rev B 94 144502(2016)
Yogesh P. Singh
email: [email protected]
Y. P. Singh, D.
J. Haney, X. Y. Huang, B. D. White, M. B. Maple, M. Dzero, C. C.
Almasan, " Pressure studies of the quantum critical alloy Ce0.93Yb0.07CoIn5
alloys" Physical Review B, 91 174506 (2015) (11 pages).
Shuai Zhang received
his Ph. D. in 2011 from University of Toyama in Japan. Prior to this, he held
research at Hiroshima University in Japan. His experienced the researches in
the field of strongly correlated electron system (especially in rare-earth
compounds) by studying the electric, thermal, and magnetic behavior on highly
crystallized compounds. He is also interested in unconventional high-Tc
superconductor such as Iron pnictide and electron doped MNCl.
Shuai Zhang, Masashi
Tanaka, Erika Watanabe, Haikui Zhu, Kei Inumaru, and Shoji Yamanaka,
Superconductivity of alkali metal intercalated TiNBr with the α-type nitride
layers (Fast track communication, Featured article, and Cover page), Superconductor
Science and Technology 26 (2013) 122001